Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19th 2010

I must be honest. I have fallen 4 days behind. I plan to make it up tonight and tomorrow. At this point I am reading about Jacob’s return and his meeting with Esau in the OT and I am still in Matthew in the NT.

OT
The OT is a great testament () to how God can use us, sinners. If ever there were fallible, sinning men the OT is full of them. In just the last few days I have read about Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Sara, and Jacob. Not only did Abraham and Sara pretend to be brother and sister, Isaac and Rebekah also told that story. Why? Throughout these passages everyone makes “little” adjustments to what God told them to do. Their motivation seems to come from a sense of safety. They listen to God’s voice in a dream but they still need to help him out a little, or a lot. I guess I know where I learned it from!

NT
Matthew is familiar territory. There are so many well known passages that I have trouble picking any to comment on. I will settle on Matt 10:31. Are not two sparrows are sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

If this is true and I believe it way do I usually feel my value is based upon my weight?

Psalms and Proverbs
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Along time I guess, although the length of time really depends up my faith not God’s provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment