Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30th 2010 I am Peter.

Easter is just a couple of days away. I have accomplished two of the important Easter tasks. I have bought candy for my girls and I have bought them each a new outfit for Easter Sunday. I would have thought that by high school they would have outgrown the desire for an Easter outfit but I guess after the long winter we all want a fresh start. Or course in New England we always have age old Easter question of sandels vs. snow boots. You never know what you will need on the bi day so you must find an outfit that works for both.

In my daily readings I have made it through three readings of the crucifiction. Every time I feel so bad for Peter. Every time he denies Christ I wince. I know how he feels. I do it too, every day. Whether it is the tiny gossip I can't resist passing on, the undeserved dig I take at my husband, or those moments that I fall apart forgetting in despair and don't go to my Savior for comfort, I still deny Him, just like Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment